Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My wifi connection is good. I can access various websir=tes

Customer Question

My wifi connection is good. I can access various websir=tes but I cannot access my Mail.com account. I enter my address and password ***** all I get is "this Page can't be displayed." I just spent 2 hours on the phone with Mcafee and they checked my computer - all viruses are cleard and theyt suggested I now contact Micerosoft since the work they did still does not allow me to contact Mail.com
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Other than Mcafeee - I talked with Mail.com "help support" yesterday - and they are no help at all - simply saying that "have had complaints."
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not consciously - but I am sure Mcafeee made sure all is up to date.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only that my wifi connection is good and working, I can access various websites - but cannot access Mail.com.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. Can you tell me which

version of Windows you are using on your computer and the browser (Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome,

Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox) that you use to view the mail.com site?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I believe it is Windows 8, and I use Internet Explorer.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
do I get the help I am paying for or not???? I need an answer now on my inability to access mail.com - and help to connect.
Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 1 month ago.

my name is ***** ***** will try to help you.

I can give you a thing or 2 to check,

if you would like we could set up a remote connection for an additional fee.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Andrew - please stop with the Upsell - and help me establish the connection. Sadly - I already smell RIPOFF. I will stop the charge on my card unless I get some help and results.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
24 hours is unacceptable.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. See if you can open mail.com using another browser. Download Firefox from here: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

When you install Firefox it will ask you if you want to import settings and favorites from Internet Explorer.

Choose not to do that as you may be importing the problem into Firefox.

Instead, after Firefox installs, go directly to mail.com

Let me know the result please.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The Firefox confirmation will not come through to aol.com
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
FIREFOX still will NOT connect to Mail.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is ridiculous. I can connect to Mail.com through Internet Explorer using my iPad - but my Desktop will NOT connect to Mail.com!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For some reason it appears that my Desktop is being blocked by Mail.com. I have many files in Mail.com that I MUST access. HELP!!!!!!
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

What does AOL have to do with this?

What is your email address?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Since I cannot OPEN anything in Mail.com - the Firefox confirmation has to come to an address I can open - and I also have an AOL.com address and I DID finally receive the confirmation Firefox email.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Here is the message received when I try and open Mail.com through Firefox:Unable to connectFirefox can’t establish a connection to the server at navigator-lxa.mail.com.The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer’s network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.So now what??????????????????????????????????
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

How long ago did this start happening?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been trying to connect to my Mail.com Accounts since 2 a.m. 01/07/2017 with no luck - so more than 36 hours. I have called Mail.com "Help" and they are no help at all. It seems odd that I can connect to Mail.com with my iPad but not with my Desktop. I now have Firefox installed and cannot connect through it either.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

I'm not sure what's going on with the mail server: navigator-lxa.mail.com

but this is telling:

http://downuptime.net/navigator-lxa.mail.com.html

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
BUT I can connect using my iPad. Are you telling me the site "is down" and I should just be patient and wait for the Administrators to correct it and get it back "online????"
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Not sure. I just went to mail.com and created an email account and it seems to be working.

When was the last time your were able to sign in to mail.com ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
with my Desktop - about midnight on 01/06/2017 - Friday - and then 2 a.m. Saturday I was unable to with my Desktop and it has been that way ever since. I would not care - but there are many files stored that I have to access.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Can you right-click on the start menu button and open the Run box?

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

On your keyboard, hold down the Windows logo key (just to the left of the spacebar) and press R

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: winver and click OK.

A window will open telling you which version of Windows you have?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Byron - please understand that my frustration is not with you - it is with Mail.com.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Thanks. Open the Run box again and type in: rstrui.exe and click OK.

System Restore will open. Select the option to choose a different restore date, if you see it, and click Next.

Put a checkmark in the box labeled Show More Restore Points if visible.

Select a restore date just before midnight, January 6 and click Next, then Finish.

Continue with the warning about disturbing the restore and it will run.

This will set Windows system files back to the way they were when you were able to log in to mail.com

It won't disturb your data files.

I'm a little perplexed myself with one website telling me the mail.com server isn't working yet I'm able

to create a mail.com account and send myself a test mail.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK - give me a few minutes to do this.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
34;Preparing to restore your system" is now running.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the update.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK - the Restore is apparently completed - the computer restarted and I have logged back in. Going to try and open Mail.com now.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

You should get a message that the restore completed successfully.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did not get a separate message - the desktop went right to restart - and I logged in.Tried Mail.com again - and this is what I get after entering my Mail Address and Password:This page can’t be displayed•Make sure the web address https://navigator-lxa.mail.com is correct.
•Look for the page with your search engine.
•Refresh the page in a few minutes.Fix connection problems
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

If there's a fix option do it.

Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

If it paste this in Firefox: https://navigator-lxa.mail.com

it goes straight to the mail.com login page

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All the fix option does is tell me my computer is okay. I CAN get to the Mail.com Login Page - AFTER I enter my Mail address and password - I get the "this page can't be displayed" message.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just tried to enter through Firefox -enter my Mail.com address and password -and this is what I get in return:Unable to connectFirefox can’t establish a connection to the server at navigator-lxa.mail.com.The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
still get this:Unable to connectFirefox can’t establish a connection to the server at navigator-lxa.mail.com.The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm tired - I'm hungry - let's give this a rest. I'll try again on Monday - thanks for your help.