Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  CCNA, A+, MCSE with over 12 years experience.
13274453

My computer is workign fine. I have gotten several calls

Customer Question

My computer is workign fine. I have gotten several calls from a "Tech support Inc." that my network is hacked. Since the number of scams are so high by phone here in SO Cal I have not done anything. They say on the phone that they are connected with you. Do you have any advice?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: We have two computers on. One, a dell is connected directly to our At&T uverse and the other is a acer amd is connected by WiFi.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: We have not installed any new things, but have had Windows updated when they notify us.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are these calls asking me if eckberg.com is my address (it is not). fron a commpany connected with Microsoft?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist. These calls are an attempt to separate you from your money. If these people said they were from Microsoft or were a partner they weren't being truthful. Typically, they want to

connect to your computer in order to make it secure or fix some other problem.

Next they log onto your computer and lie to you about the numerous problems they pretend to find. Next they will attempt to get you to pay a few hundred dollars to "fix" the issues when in fact they actually do nothing too helpful.

Always remember, no legitimate tech support company would ever call telling you there is a problem with your computer. Your computer does not report to Microsoft or any other company so if any tech support person calls, you can trust it is a scam and just hang up.

Please do me a favor and take a moment to rate my service by clicking the stars above, 3 or more is very appreciated, we can still chat after rating if you need more help.

Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

Hi. These phone call you are receiving are a scam.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. I selt this was some sortof a scam. They even have told me my street address , but his accent is clearly Indian.
Thank you agani
Expert:  Byron replied 2 months ago.

You're welcome. Please stay safe out there and please don't forget to rate using the stars above.