Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Qualified Computer Professional - 12+ years experience. Expert in Computer Hardware & Graphic Design
50064670

I have a barely 2 year old High end Asus Laptop... trying to

Customer Question

Hello. I have a barely 2 year old High end Asus Laptop... trying to get the head phone jack to work so i can connect to some external speakers
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Windows 10.. let me find the model #
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's a Q550L
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 days ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
If you know what I need to do can you write it here please.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I gave you my debit card # and 5.00 bucks... what do I get for that ?????
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Goodbye ....
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 days ago.

Okay, when you connect a headphone or speaker to the Headphone jack what happens?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks !... when plug in my ear buds I hear a little static click. Tested ear buds on my phone and they work fine
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
When I go to my realtek menu it only shows the internal speakers
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
in the box.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 days ago.

Okay, when you plug the headphone can you hear the sound from the builtin speakers of the laptop?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Looking at Select Full range speakers has a box for surround speakers... but it won't let me click on it
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 days ago.

Okay, it sounds like a driver problem. Please try the fixes Asus suggests here.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 9 days ago.

Try the fixes and let me know the result. Feel free to contact if you need any help.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was optimistic when I found a place in my note book.... it said ( driver issues are present).... I then let my Pc find and down load a new driver. It did not make the head phone jack work. Later found it was some generic version. But it came from Asus I think.... still going to keep trying.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 7 days ago.

Press Windows Logo key and R key on your keyboard together. You will get open a Run command box. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and press Enter. You will get Device manager window. Can you see any thing as disabled or unknown device there?