MikeW
MikeW, Computer Engineer
Experience:  32+ years Computer and Networking Experience
9863586

No dvd drive can l put one in, lenovo ideapad 110, only

Customer Question

no dvd drive can l put one in
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: lenovo ideapad 110
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: only automatic and criticel
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: has a dvd drawer but wont oppen any ideas?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Expert:  MikeW replied 5 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you. If the DVD drawer won't open then you will have to replace the drive. You can purchase them on ebay or Amazon but you have to first take that one out to get the model number off it so you can order one that will fit in the PC. If you just want to open the drawer, there is a small hole near the push button that you can insert a paper clip in while at the same time pushing the button and that will open the drawer.

Expert:  MikeW replied 5 months ago.

To remove the drive first remove this screw

Expert:  MikeW replied 5 months ago.

Then you can pull the drive out like this

Expert:  MikeW replied 5 months ago.

If you want to replace it with a new one, order one with the same model number. You will have to open the drawer on the old one as I instructed before and pry off the front face plate so you can put it on the new one (the new one won't have a face plate). Also you will have to remove the bracket with the screw hole for the screw you took out at the rear of the drive and put it on the new drive.

Expert:  MikeW replied 5 months ago.

Like here

Expert:  MikeW replied 5 months ago.

If you are satisfied with my answer please remember to rate my time and help before you go by clicking the STARS and accept button so that I may receive credit for helping you. If you need further assistance just let me know.