Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Suddenly, I cannot enter my local password to start Win 10.

Customer Question

Suddenly, I cannot enter my local password ***** start Win 10. I suspect malware embedded in an image on Facebook which announced the death of William Shatner.
JA: When did you last use the account?
Customer: About 10 hours ago.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Previously, (last weei) I updated win 10.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: FYI, I chatted online with a so-called Microsoft certified technician who showed me how to once again logon to MS Win 10 for no charge but wanted $299 to remove the malware completely. I declined this offer.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

my name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can. I am sorry to hear about that problem, this is a SCAM unfortunately. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze what they did to your computer and get rid of any malware and backdoors that they might have installed? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck