Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Dell Inspiron 15 Series 5000 Laptop w/ touch screen, Where

Customer Question

Dell Inspiron 15 Series 5000 Laptop w/ touch screen
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Dell? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Where to find model number?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I don't think so - unless some kind of automatic update
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The keyboard has suddenly stopped responding, The touch screen works. I do not know if have inadvetently changed some setting, or?
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim, and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

It's possible that you disabled the keyboard.....Let me look at the specs. Are you on the same machine now?

Expert:  Tim replied 5 months ago.

Does not look like there are hot keys for that function, have you tried taking the battery out with the unit unplugged, then putting th battery back in, plugging in and booting? That would clear up an OS error.