Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Building a website. My daughter has asked me to help her

Customer Question

Building a website. My daughter has asked me to help her build a website to help sell her puppies. She is a Vet-Tech that has decided to breed a designer dog and sell them online. She is very good at what she does but not completely computer savvy and asked for my help. What I need to know is where I can go to a) get a domain name, b) develop/build a website to inform/attract customers, c) find a web host, d) get the most exposure and best results and, e) get this done on a next to nothing budget?
Category: Computer
Expert:  SladeV replied 2 months ago.

My name is***** will help you to the best of my ability. I think GoDaddy has a special still on Domain names for around $3.00. What you can do is sign up for a Weebly account, an make the site there an transfer it to GoDaddy. A lot of the tools and advertising they include, for a small fee unless you want to advertise on your own kind of becomes more of a challenge but, I do suggest having a Facebook page to help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Heard of Go-Daddy and was leaning that way. Never heard of Weebly. What we need is a relatively basic website that has written descriptions of the puppies, pictures and maybe a short video showing them playing. It would then need to direct the viewer to contact us and also have the ability to accept PayPal deposits only. It won't be a super busy site as its fairly singular in its product, its not like we're selling cellphones. Be nice to have its own email addresses. Is what you've recomended fit this description? What plan do I use? How do I get started?
Expert:  SladeV replied 2 months ago.

Weebly permit's you to do all of that without having to manually, code it to your pages. It's advertised as a drop code site, so you just drop the image on to the page an then tell it what image you want in place. There are lot's of templates to choose from as well to give it a professional feel. If you wish to sell items, you would have to pay for that as well, as link up a paypal account to the page. If you want a separate e-mail you would have to make that as well. I suggest using g-mail, since it gives a professional feel an security. The first thing is to make the site it's self, so you will need to get a E-mail that you want to associate with the page an then sign up with weebly, which, is free unless you want to have more advanced type things like more store item's... ect...

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Tried getting on there and all they want is money. Think I'll pass.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, I don't really understand everything you're telling me but thank you anyway. I think you assume I know more than I do.
Expert:  SladeV replied 2 months ago.

I'm trying to make it as simple as possible, so that there is no issues. You should have any charges unless you are trying to exceed the limits of what you are getting for free. I have a business photography site that I had been working on anything on. If you still attempt at what I said, earlier note that it will be on there Server's so it will have a .weebly.com extension but, it would still be a live page once it is published.