Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I am unable to logon with my startup password. no, no... I

Customer Question

I am unable to logon with my startup password.
JA: Have you tried having password ***** directions emailed to you?
Customer: no
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no... I got inso this situation when I tried to click on a Facebook image of the startrek hero, captain kirk. Beneath the photo was a caption that indicated kirk had died recently. I was in disbelief so I clicked the image of his face and i immediately was faced with a new window which stated that my computer had been compromised.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I couldn't do anything further with my computer except to call a so called microsoft certified technician numer.. I did this and eventually someone came online and gave me instructions + took control of my computer remotely. He then seemed to remove the malware.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Mr.med. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue, What is the model and brand of your computer? also what Operating system you are using ?

Thank you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm using an ASUS v551, w/ 8GB of memory, i7 processor & 750 GB of hard drive space in two partitions.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am using a Surface 3 now. I gave my ASUS to a tech support desk until tomorrow. They phoned me an hour ago to say that they could not get into my ASUS to enter a new password ***** even to bring up a desktop screen.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If you need more time, we could reconnect tomorrow in the AM (say 10 o'clock) to continue???
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are we still connected?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
why have you "disappeared"? I was expecting a bit more commitment here...
Expert:  James Feazell replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is*****'m sorry that you lost contact with the other expert. I received your request for remote assistance and have excepted. Would you like to connect now, or wait until the morning? I did not want to call you too late at night.