Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  CISCO certified, Microsoft proficient, computing expert.
30970729

I have a MacBook Air. I use Word and Excel for Mac. Recently

Customer Question

I have a MacBook Air. I use Word and Excel for Mac. Recently I updated my Mac software to Sierra. Since then I am having trouble with printing from Word and Excel for Mac. I will have the right and left margin set at 1 inch but when I print the left margin will measure 1 3/4 and the right side of the page will be cut off.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: My MacBook Air is a little less than 2 years old. I am running Mac OS Sierra.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I installed a Sierra update on December 26, 2016 but the problem was happening before that. I started when I first went to Sierra.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: This doesn't happen with other applications like Adobe. I think that's it.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Pete. Welcome to JustAnswer! I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

What is the make and model number of the printer you are using?

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Photosmart 7510
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Ok, can you try trashing the existing print drivers for your Photosmart 7510 and then install the latest print drivers for Mac Sierra from the HP website?

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Photosmart-7510-e-All-in-One-Printer-series---C3/5070118/model/5070120/drivers

Let me know if that works...

--------------------
Your satisfaction is my priority;
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press submit at the top of your question page so I am rewarded for my time; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back at any time if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I did this already. My husband thinks I might not have done it correctly. I am now away on business for a few days. My husband had suggested trying this again when i get back and he will assist me. Microsoft thinks I should uninstall and reinstall Office 2011 for Mac. Think I will try installing the print drivers again first.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Can you print from any other applications? If not, then the printing problem should not be caused by Office.

Let me know how reinstalling the print driver goes.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi, just checking in on your question. If the issue is resolved or you do not need anymore help, please rate our session as 4 stars or more and press submit so I am credited for my time, otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.