Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I received a call today from someone that said he worked

Customer Question

I received a call today from someone that said he worked with Microsoft and said my computer had a lot of viruses and you would remove them and for 499.00 I would be covered indefinitely. Unfortunately he talked me into giving him access to my computer and he used toe id number to activate the software he claims then he said to call him in two hours and I have been trying to reach him for hours. the name of the company from Microsoft he said was called papadirect
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: where do I find that info it's a dell computer windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no just whatever they did today. I just put a stop payment on their payment after I went online and saw all the complaints about this company and how they say they work for Microsoft
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want to know what can happen now that they have my computer id nuumber
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 4 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

This is a SCAM unfortunately, I just had the same happening to 3 more of my customers during the last 2 weeks. First off, you should charge back the $499 you paid to them, you will never get anything from them in return for that money, they just "run" with it. Then we should inspect your computer together via a remote-connection because they often install viruses and or backdoors so that they can access your computer again in the future. I can make sure that any and all backdoors will be removed and all viruses are cleaned up if you wish me to do that (via a remote assistance on your computer).

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck