Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

Recently Microsoft 10 was updated automatically. Now I am

Customer Question

good evening
Recently Microsoft 10 was updated automatically. Now I am unable to use my copy of Dragon Naturally speaking Home 13. Previously IO had a similar problem and it was suggested that the Microphone volume be maximized, which I did. This time I checked and the windows 10 microphone volume is maximized. Was there something in the recent update of MS 10 that adversely affects dragon Speaking?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if it shows any kind of error to you or is it working normally but just does not "hear" your voice?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 1 month ago.

Hello! To answer your question, Naturally Speaking Home 13 should function well with Windows 10. While there are some known incompatibilities, they are entirely cosmetic...not functional. You can find some official documentation about that here: http://nuance.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17805/~/information-on-dragon-naturallyspeaking-13-and-windows-10

The behavior you're experiencing is not ordinary, so I would suggest uninstalling your copy of Naturally Speaking and then reinstalling it...this will rebuilt any files required by the program just in case the upgrade to Windows 10 did cause any sort of corruption. If you run into any problems or have additional questions, please let us know!