Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have windows 10 on my computers and recently converted

Customer Question

I have windows 10 on my computers and recently converted from Xfinity to Fios for internet. The Fios technician explained that sometimes, the windows kicks computers out of the Fios environment. It doesn't log into the internet automatically. He told me to go to the bottom left and type in "cmd" then when it comes up to type "ipconfig/release" then after that screen comes up type "ipconfig/renew" He said that it is not recognizing the ip address.. This works but isn't there a patch or something that should fix this automatically. He told me that it was hit or miss on pcs.
JA: Have you done a bandwidth test?
Customer: I don't know what that is.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: nothing that I'm aware of.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please let me know if you still require assistance and I would be happy to help you.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't see an answer to my question.
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

I was just inquiring as to whether you still needed assistance. This sounds more like a problem with Fios and not something with Windows 10? Did you have the same problem with your other provider?

Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Please let me know when you are ready to proceed and I will return as soon as possible.