Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

Geiger, I have an ASUS RT-AC562 router and cannot locate my

Customer Question

Howard Geiger, I have an ASUS RT-AC562 router and cannot locate my disk for the router. How do I obtain a copy.
JA: Have you tried "power cycling" your router -- unplugging it and letting it rest for about ten seconds?
Customer: I am not having issues at this time I just want a copy of the disk for safety.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Earlier in the year not sure when.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 4 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. The software Driver & Tools -> Utilities -> ASUS Download Master Utility download for your router is at the Asus website below:

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC56U/HelpDesk_Download/

However, you usually do not need it. You just log in the router directly any time in order to set up and/or to adjust any setting you need.

- To log in your router, you would go to the website below:

http://192.168.1.1

, then log in with the default username admin and default password admin (or if you changed the router's login username / password ***** then use that.)

- Do you need help on how to log in your router? And/or do you need anything else?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

Have you gotten a chance to try my suggestion above yet? Do you still need help with your Asus router and/or with anything else?

- Also, if you'd like to, I can connect remotely to your computer and show you how to access your router directly through your computer for you.

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,