IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

How can I sort Email by sender? I have Win 7 Pro x64, I use

Customer Question

How can I sort Email by sender? I have Win 7 Pro x64, I use MSN only with their browser. All known Win 7 updates are installed.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

To confirm, you usually access your e-mail account using a web browser, or you use a desktop e-mail program?

Type your reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have received no assistance to the question that I gave.
No. I want an Email reply list each step to accomplish the sorting. Thisa is not my normal computer so when I have my new one I will need to be sure that I can sort Emails on the new computer.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have already paid the full amout requested and still have no solution.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

I replied to you on the same day when you posted your question here, but you haven't responded until now. In order to assist you, I need to know how you access your e-mail account and where do you want to sort the e-mails by sender - is it on the web mail interface, or you use a desktop e-mail program such as Microsoft Outlook?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My Email is MSN.com, browser is MS current version for Win 7 pro x64. The sorting is done on the MS list from their servers. One of the computers that my wife uses is a Win 7 Home X64 and after her use, for few months, I was working on a problem for her. When I logged on to MSN and opened my Email it was then sorted by SENDER!! I had never seen this function before and would like to have this method in my home office as well. The wife is normally on AOL (She worked for them some years ago.) and has few Emails.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Thanks for the update!

The MSN.com e-mail interface (also known as Hotmail or Outlook.com) sorts the e-mails by date. If you want to sort the e-mails by sender, here are the instructions on how to do it:

1. Access your MSN.com e-mail account

2. Once the e-mails show, click on Filter located in the upper right corner - right above the date of the first e-mail

3. Once you have clicked on Filter, you will be presented with several options. There click on Sort by and click on From

4. The e-mails will then sort by the sender

Here are the pictures to see where to click:

PICTURE 1

PICTURE 2

Let me know if that helped.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Did my instructions help solve the problem?

Let me know,