Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I just received a Lenovo P50 that said it had down graded

Customer Question

Hi I just received a Lenovo P50 that said it had down graded from windows 10 to windows 7 can I upgrade free to windows 10
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: P50
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you with your problem. If remote access is needed, I will remote in, and call you, as well as provide a free tune-up. Also, follow-ups are always free if more is needed.

It is NEVER a good idea to upgrade a OS, especially from windows 7, to windows 10, it almost always causes major problems. You're overwriting new system files on top of old ones, and will likely see problems down the road. The only real way to install windows 10 is with a fresh install, a format and a install off of a retial windows 10 DVD is the best and only recommended way to go about it.