Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Well I have had a great deal of trouble with my computer,

Customer Question

Well I have had a great deal of trouble with my computer, twice a factory Rep came to my shop and twice they replaced the drive system. I do have an IT person whom I have paid a great deal of money just maintaining this desktop . Now it is slow in response again and the mouse pointer has a continual moving hourglass attached to it and no matter how many restarts and completet shut downs we do it reappears. Can I get help with this. Let me say that I am completely disgusted with this Lenovo computer...we spend so much time trying to just clean it and use it!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I'm running windows 7 Pro and I'm not sure of the model # as I just had a very serious surgery and can't get down on the floor to see it.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The front has THINK CENTRE on it
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No but I do think all the updates are current!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Byron replied 1 month ago.

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

A continual hourglass means there's some other program or process running in the background

using up the computer resources. When Windows starts, the only thing that needs to be running is Windows.

Try this: hold down the Windows logo key (just to the left of the spacebar) and press R.

The Run box will open.

In the text area type: msconfig and click OK.

In the System Configuration window click the Startup tab at the top.

Click Disable All and then Apply.

Click the Services tab and put a checkmark in the Hide all Microsoft Services box.

Click Disable All >>Apply>>OK

and restart the computer and let me know the result please.