Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

My gmail account is hacked someone has control of it I

Customer Question

my gmail account is hacked someone has control of it I cannot access the account I just need that account closed
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Gmail account?
Customer: about 4 days and the person its also controlling my facebook page that its been hacked also
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no, he change the passwords
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want that google account close, its affecting my personal final
Category: Computer
Expert:  Tim replied 2 months ago.

Hello, I'm Tim, and have over 15 years of experience with eBay, Google, and the Department of Defense. I'm here to do the best I can to assist you.

Expert:  Tim replied 2 months ago.

Do you have a secondary email, or cell phone associated with the account for recovery? It can be very hard to get an account deleted once taken over. Here are the steps to do so, but there is no guarantee they will delete it for you -

Expert:  Tim replied 2 months ago.
  1. Navigate to Google's "Contact Us" page (see Resources).
  2. Scroll down to the "Safety or abuse" section, then click on the drop-down menu and choose the option that best describes your situation. When your Gmail account is hacked, choose "Gmail safety and abuse issues."
  3. Click "Report a security problem" on the next screen. There is no option to specifically report a hacked account, so click on "A Gmail user who is sending messages that violate Terms of Use."
  4. Enter your email address, a description of the situation and the names and email addresses (if applicable) of those who have hacked your account. You may not have these latter details, but if you've been hacked by someone at school, for example, feel free to list that person's information. Click "Submit" to send the message to Google, which will review the situation and follow up accordingly.