IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I went to insall drivers. There were several. Everything was

Customer Question

I went to insall drivers. There were several. Everything was loading successfully until WLAN intel 3165 Driver for Win 10. It got up to 88% insallation and then pulled up. I sat with the PC for several minutes, got bored, made a cup of coffee, went out to the lounge and watched a bit of teev. When I came back the PC was asleep and the Wi Fi connection had disconnected. No worries, I'll reboot the PC. It fired up, let me know that the driver installation had been cancelled and was going to continue the installation. It got up to 88% and stopped again. I again cancelled the installation and the screen has frozen.
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: It,s a new one. So, not much.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. I couldn't download everything as my Monthly data limit had been reached. So, since the 21st I've been trying to get it up to speed.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Please tell me if your Dell computer is a desktop or a laptop computer. Also, are you still able to connect to a WiFi network?

Let me know,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It's a Lenova all in one desktop.Yes.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for confirming!

Please check which network adapters have been installed so far. To do that, move the mouse cursor over the Windows Start button and then right-click it and select Network Connections.

Let me know how many network adapters are listed. Type their names here.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Mate, it's already cost me $56-. So no, I'm sure we can work it out.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

We can continue with this chat as Secure Remote Assistance is optional. See my last reply.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Good.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
There's 3. Bluetooth, which is not connected. Ethernet, which is not connected and Wi Fi, which is connected.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

To confirm, you can access the Internet on that computer via WiFi?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm currently using it.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Oh, that's great. I thought you couldn't use WiFi since the driver installation failed. It seems that the drivers did install after all.

Is there any other problem you are experiencing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
If I click on the install driver icon on the page that I minimised, the page comes up displaying the same message that it has only loaded 88% and the page is frozen. Should that disappear when I reboot the PC?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

If you haven't already, yes, you can restart the computer and then check the page again; however, if you are able to access the Internet via WiFi just fine, you don't need to worry about those drivers that much. I don't think they will make any improvements.

If you really want to install them, but Windows Updates still freezes, there is a way to manually install them from the Lenovo page.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thanks, Miro.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

You're welcome!

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

If you don't require further assistance, please take a moment to rate my assistance by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page.

Thanks,