Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I have a new computer and have lost the piece of paper on

Customer Question

I have a new computer and have lost the piece of paper on which I wrote down the password ***** my Linksys router. I have the serial number of the router. Can you tell me my password?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular Linksys product?
Customer: not much
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. I've actually been using the Comcast wireless network, but I never unhooked the Linksys router. The Comcast signal is weak and the Comcast tech support people told me I should try the Linksys signal.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The speed of my new computer is slower than it should be, and I'm convinced it's the signal.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 18 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** and I look forward to assisting you today.

Please, do the following to reset the router.

On a computer that is connected to the router, perform the steps below:

- Press and hold the reset button on the back of the Linksys router for 30 seconds and then let go of it. (you will have to use a pin or bent paperclip to reach the button inside the small reset hole).

- Wait 2 minutes.
- On a computer that is connected to the Linksys router with a networking cable, go to the following website: http://192.168.1.1
Leave the username blank
The default password ***** admin
(if that does let you in, use admin for the username and admin for the password)
- Click the Wireless link (your network name is ***** *****). You can change it and click Apply.
- Click the Wireless security link (your wireless password ***** ***** here). You may choose your level of encryption, enter your choice of password, and click Apply.

Using the network name and password ***** you obtained from the instructions above, reconnect to the wireless signal.

One quick note: I love helping you and others on this website. Please, keep in mind that I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com