Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I got a security alert on my computer to change by password.

Customer Question

I got a security alert on my computer to change by password. So I have changed it to times and it lets me in after I finished the change, but the next time I log in it tells me the password ***** ***** I also want to change the name on the account. My husband set up this account and all my emails say they are from Byron. Years ago he opened an Yahoo email and he now has his own and I want my email to say Donna.
JA: How long have you had this issue with your Yahoo account?
Customer: I started getting the security alert in December and today I changed by password ********@******.*** and they had to send me the code at his email which is***@******.***. I also put in the address to change my profile and it tells me I have the wrong address. So all this started today.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I haven't gotten any notices about updates.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I keep changing my password ***** when I try to get back into the account***@******.*** it won't let me in and I want my emails to say Donna instead of Byron.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

It is possible that you received a temporary password ***** is valid only for a short period of time until you manually change it. May I know if you can still access your e-mail account?

Type your reply below.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I don't have access to my e-mail account. When I request a code to get in they mail it to my husbands account and I get it and go back into my***@******.*** and try to log in and it tells me the password ***** ***** valid.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for the information!

I can help you with the issue you described; however, since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a secure remote session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.

Let me if you would like that.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 14 days ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,