Joseph Varner
Joseph Varner,
Experience:  Enterprise Support Specialist at Arthur J Gallagher
94318210

Will the ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 Dual-Fan Video

Customer Question

will the ASUS GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5 Dual-Fan Video Card work with my m5a99x evo r2 ?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: asus m5a99x evo r2.o motherboard windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Joseph Varner replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist!

Yes, the card will work in your motherboard. I realize the newer cards have PCI-E 3.0 and your motherboard is PCI-E 2.0, but the slot configuration is exactly the same - the 3.0 just has a wider bus o 3.0 motherboards.

In other words, your card will work at PCI-E2.0 speeds - however given how powerful the card is, it's likely you won't notice the difference while gaming unless you have an active FPS counter - the card is very good and you should get great performance from it.

Is there anything else I might be able to assist you with else do you require further assistance on this matter?

If not, if you could please rate my customer service at the top (1-5 stars, 5 being the best customer service), it will help me give improved support on future tickets. Thank you!