Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I finished typing a letter, tried to save it, unfortunately

Customer Question

I finished typing a letter, tried to save it, unfortunately adding one word each time of saving closed it & when I tried to re-open it a box appeared saying Microsoft Word cannot be opened and when I try to close it, it does not respond. Further when I attempt to close a different letter open on the screen I get a whirling colored ball. Can you help me?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: -I have an Apple Air. Am on the Microsoft Word for the Apple. Is that enough info?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: How do I update Microsoft Word?
Category: Computer
Expert:  GeekGal replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. My name is***** see that you have been waiting for help for quite a bit. I'm sorry about that. It woudl be my pleasure to assist you. In order to provide the best possible help, I will need to know what version of the MAC operating system you have on your computer. If you're not sure, from the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X”: