Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

Runs slowly and when I press enter in IE the screen fades

Customer Question

runs slowly and when I press enter in IE the screen fades out and hangs for a couple of minutes, revives and then shortly after fades again. Also windows update has a serious problem there are some 50 0r m0re updates that used to attempt to load during shut down. But, next start would say they had all failed. After numerous attempts the Control panel
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: Windows 7:
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, following an AVAST Total Support attempt to iix the update panel in the Control Panel the endless loop in the update panel was fixed but now claims that NO updates are available but the Update history still shows all the failed update attempts
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 1 month ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve these problems for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too because JustAnswer is an A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text-based chat instead, just let me know.

Please reply in the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck