Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I just tried turning on my Asus laptop after being gone for

Customer Question

I just tried turning on my Asus laptop after being gone for several days. The laptop turned on fora few seconds and then automatically turned off by itself. Now it won't turn back on.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I believe it is running on Windows 10. Not sure about the model. I have had it for several years
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. Updates were installed about a week or two before I left for my trip
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I have a lot of data I need to retrieve off the computer
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

Can you give me the serial number please?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Where do you find the serial number
Expert:  Kevin T replied 1 month ago.

usually on the bottom

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok. I believe the serial # is EBDNCK607403685. I also found the number CK 9509
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Remove all external devices, CDs, AC Adapter and battery from the computer. Keep the AC Adapter and battery unplugged.
Hold the power button down for 20-30 seconds. (Nothing will appear on the display and none of the lights will light up.)
Plug in the ac adapter ONLY. (Please note that a power indicator light should be lit on the ac adapter when it is plugged in).
Normally power on the notebook.
If the unit does not power on, remove the ac adapter and insert the battery into the system.
Plug the ac adapter back into the system, the battery charging indicator light will light up.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>