Robert M., Consultant
Experience:  30 yrs. in NYC computer industry working with PC and networks, banks, brokerage, legal etc.
23372949

Urchase a gift for a friend in Colombia and have it shipped

Customer Question

urchase a gift for a friend in Colombia and have it shipped there. Whenever I try to use my PayPal credit account and switch the mailing address to that of my friend in Colonbia, I am unable to proceed with the purchase.
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: No, but I know I have sufficient credit,
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 3 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That may be owing to its being an international shipment, or owing to Columbia being on some sort of list... international trafficking laws, you know.

But also: how are you trying to switch which email address to be that of your friend? at what point and in what place? with this information I might be able to suggest an alternative way.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I earlier created the alternative shipping address to my friend in Colombia. When I go to check out and select the payment method, it is then that I change the mailing address to my friend. At that point, I am advised of an error and told to start the checkout again. The same results.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just give me the fix

I think you should change both the mailing and the shipping address, first. Then go to check out. That is much more likely to work OK, if it can work OK at all with a Colombia destination address.

Expert:  Robert M. replied 3 months ago.

1. They may not ship to columbia. Or not for the normal shipping charge. You should be able to message the seller to find out if they will do it at all and if they will would they charge extra.

2. You can go to the paypal website itself and add a new shipping address. That will stop paypal from screwing up the transaction but i suspect it is the seller that is rejecting it. The fact that they don't reject it until the payment method goes in is just the way their software does it.