Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

I have a MAC computer with a HP ENVY 760 printer that will

Customer Question

I have a MAC computer with a HP ENVY 760 printer that will not work. can't find network, not reachable, ect. it worked about 6 months ago but I haven't been able to get it to work since. I don't print the often so it wasn't an issue. But I have to print something now that i important and can't get it to work.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 20 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Setup wireless on your printer by following the instructions below.

1. Press the Power button to turn on the printer, if it is not already turned on.

2. On the printer control panel, touch the Wireless icon. The Wireless Summary screen displays.

3. Touch the Settings icon, and then touch Wireless Settings.

4. Touch Wireless Setup Wizard, it will search for your wireless network.

5. Select your wireless name from the list and enter the wireless password.

6. Check if it connected to the network properly.

Then, follow the instructions given below.

1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu.
  2. Choose Print & Fax (or Print & Scan) or Printers & Scanners.
  3. Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.
  4. Then, click the + (plus sign that you see on the print & scan window, and not on the keyboard) sign to add printer. Select your printer from the list.

Note : Make sure that you are resetting the printing system before adding the printer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Did not help problem is with the printer the comp cant find the printer and the printer cant find the internet.
Expert:  Shefin replied 14 days ago.

Are you able to select Wireless Setup Wizard from the printer?

If yes, is the printer able to find your wireless name?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can select it but it doesnt find the network. I confirmed Mac is ok. I have confirmed network is operational. It must be printer settings.
Expert:  Shefin replied 13 days ago.

If it does not find the network, the wireless Adapter of the printer may faulty. Do you have a printer USB cable with you?

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I can print with the cable. I did a diagnosis of the printer and it tells me the computer firewallis enabled but that is not the case.
Expert:  Shefin replied 13 days ago.

Please go to the link below, download and install the driver. During the installation, select Wireless Connection and use the USB option to setup wireless. You may have to cnnect the printer using USB (temporarily) cable in order to setup wireless.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-7600-e-All-in-One-Printer-series/6617267/model/6617268

Thank you.

Customer/p>