Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

From Oz (Australia) Have a TEAC Digital Jukebox DJ-505. Ran

Customer Question

Hi from Oz (Australia) Have a TEAC Digital Jukebox DJ-505. Ran a few years ago, but had to go through a sequence of start up before PC would recognise the USB as connected. Have brought out of mothballs to load a heap more music into it, but following the previous Connection process, it fails to connect to PC. Have tried 2 laptops running XP (from previous success) and now on Windows 10 on a desktop machine. Using a High Speed USB port. All computers will acknowledge the E and F drives of the Jukebox and install the program, but then fail to recognise USB connection so that i can manage the files of music loaded. Are you able to offer any suggestions or solutions. I understand this is rather old technology, but live in hope that I can get it running again, preferably on Windows 7 or 10 desktops.
Thanks.
Fred B.
Western Australia.
PS. New Year Greetings to you all.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Does it get recognized on an old computer or old windows 7 or XP.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Both laptops running XP, a desktop running Win 7 and this desktop running Win 10 will all recognize the Jukebox Drives E and F (software and storage), . Then, once the software has downloaded via USB to the computer, and set jukebox to Connect to PC, the PC checks cache etc then gives an error of USB Not Connected. The previous method od\f establishing a connection was : After installing software from Jukebox to computer was . Switch off Jukebox main switch at rear. Disconnect USB cable Type B (the old square type plug) from Jukebox. Start Jukebox via main switch at rear, wait until jukebox boots up, then it goes into a sleep mode and switches off, the hard drive remains running, and an orange light glows adjacent to a secondary on'/off switch adjacent on front panel. Insert USB cable to HS port on computer, plug the square plug into USB port on front of jukebox then press the adjacent on/off switch. This will activate the progarm on the PC and SHOULD connect the two units together. At this point I now get the error message taht USB is Not Connected, although My Computer will show both E and F drives as being present.
Expert:  Michelle replied 2 months ago.

Looks a bit complicated to me about the jukebox connectivity with various of your computers. I am running out of ideas however i will open this to other experts with jukebox experience will get back to you and you will get a reply on your email.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for the progress update. As it is a little after 6pm here, after a few more hours, further responses will go un-read until tomorrow morning. Respondents, please do not feel if you are not being acknowledged. Email will be checked first thing in the morning.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi. All has gone quiet since Michelle referred me to a new Tech Support Specialist, to date have not received any further information. Has there been any developments which I may have missed?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I recently wrote informing that I have had no reply to my recent request for a progress report, and to date I have had no reply, although you state replies typically within 24 hours. This is less than satisfactory. Would you please respond within 24 hours of any progress or solutions other than putting my problem out on an open forum.
I wait eagerly.
Thanking you.
Fred Backshell
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have not yet received a satisfactory response other than an un-dated auto reply that you have referred my case to a New Tech Support Specialist, and that I will get a response here and by email typically within 24 hours. This message created and sent 10-40 am Saturday Jan 14 2017.