Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

I can't get my emails from 8-26-16. It asks me for my yahoo

Customer Question

I can't get my emails from 8-26-16. It asks me for my yahoo id & password ***** I enter what I think it is & it tells me it's wrong
JA: When did you last reset your username and password?
Customer: I cannot remember but obviously before 8-26-16.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I thought I better ask first, I was going to last night when I had a problem with Apple.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 2 months ago.

Hello, and Thank You for choosing JustAnswer.com
My name is ***** ***** I am reviewing your question now, please stand by for 1 or 2 minute for reply.

Well....we arent magic.....we cant open an account for you just because you asked.

.

There is legalally binding criminal charges that can apply to accounts and fraudulently accessing them.

Not saying thats what is happening here.....im just saying.....it looks no different..

.

Now.....if you dont KNOW the password....Yahoo has options for RESETING the password, and verfies YOUR identity using securty questions.

if you cant answer those questions.....then your out of luck.

That is how Yahoo verifies you, and if you cant verify, youcant reset, and you cant get in.

So....they dont allow for ANY opther means of verification.

Because there isnt any other ways.

I mean how do you PROVE that account belongs to YOU?

And thats the rub.....they cant prove it.....so they wont allow access.

I know....i dont like it either.......but thats the way it works.

.

However.....there are some SLIM ....and i mean SLIM chances the password ***** ***** on the computer you are using.

theres something you need to know about the Yahoo FREE Email accounts.

.

The first thing is.....Yahoo has probably billions of these accounts......remember they are FREE, and you can open as many as you want.....which leads to the people of earth racking up probably billions upon billions of these accounts on Yahoo.

.

With THAT MANY ACCOUNTS.....yahoo decided they are NOT going to offer ANY live support for them.

If you get locked out, or somehtign liek that......they just say...open a new account.

.

If they took phone calls form the billions of account holders......they would NOT be able to offer them for free.

.

So, the ONLY password ***** account options you have.....are automated.

.

The only help you will get for a FREE yahoo Email account, is the automated Web support.

If you cant figure it out, or you get locked out and cant remember the account information to reset it......you are locked out.

Your only option....open a new account.

.

Hey i don tlike it either......but this is written out in the terms of service you agreed to when you FIRST created the Yahoo Free account.

called the fine print.....that most folks DONT read......and thats understandable......but this happens more often that you think.