Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

Trying to, sorry. Trying to hook thinkcentre 10b0 to wifi.

Customer Question

Trying to
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: sorry. Trying to hook thinkcentre 10b0 to wifi. Says i need wireless connectivity adapter is missing. How do I get one?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Computer has been moved from work ethernet to home. Have lost instruction book. No updates recently
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: So far that's it
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 months ago.

Hi and thank you for your question.

Your Lenovo model does not come with a WIFI device/adapter built in; however, you will simply need to purchase an external USB WIFI adapter, using either of the following links:

https://www.amazon.com/Edimax-EW-7811Un-150Mbps-Raspberry-Supports/dp/B003MTTJOY/ref=lp_13983791_1_3?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483216704&sr=1-3

https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-N150-Wireless-Adapter-TL-WN725N/dp/B008IFXQFU/ref=lp_13983791_1_6?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1483216704&sr=1-6

Both of the above devices are plug and play, i.e. you just need to plug it in one of your empty USB ports and you will then be able to connect to WIFI immediately thereafter - no other steps involved.

If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.

Otherwise, kindly take a moment to click (and submit) one of the five star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service. Thank you.