Bruce Wilner
Bruce Wilner,
Experience:  principal at Network Security Labortories Inc.
94527327

I have been receiving refunds on some on my recent

Customer Question

I have been receiving refunds on some on my recent purchases. When I check with my local bank account they I use to make purchases, I never see the refunds. Where do they go? Joan
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: Where? At the bank that I deal with?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Updates to what?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The account that Pay Pal shows is my bank Account # and the routing number do not seem to be the same as the ones I supplied to Ebay when we started buying on Ebay.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Bruce Wilner replied 18 days ago.

Only two possibilities:

(a) The people are refunding to some other account; or

(b) They aren't refunding at all.

That having been said, refunds, once issued, can take as long as seven business days to post--although they shouldn't.

In the future, if you purchase using your DEBIT CARD (using it AS a debit card), refunds should be within 48 hours.

Also, check with PayPal (look at your "activity" page) to see that they have actually receive the money. If the "refunds" are going to the proper e-mail address, then PayPal should be reflecting them, after which you can transfer the $ to any account you choose to link.

CONCERN: I am getting conflicting impressions. Are people "refunding" to your bank account, or are they "refunding" to your PayPal account? If the latter, make sure they have the proper e-mail address. Also, PayPal accounts sometimes get deactivated. This can happen from (a) inactivity; (b) suspicious activity; (c) three or more addresses with the same domain (the part after the '@') linked to your PayPal ID--your ACTUAL ID, as in, your name and SSN.