MikeW
MikeW, Computer Engineer
Experience:  32+ years Computer and Networking Experience
9863586

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop that will not charge. I have

Customer Question

I have a Lenovo Yoga laptop that will not charge. I have tried differnt outlets and the computer is now dead. When holding the power button down I get 3 red light flashes and then it stops, can you tell me anything I can do?4
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Yoga 900 13ISK2
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: nO AND i BELIEVE i AM ON wINDOWS 10
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The unit is less than a year old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 1 month ago.

Please try the below steps and see if the problem resolves:

1. Connect the AC adapter to a known good power outlet. Check Power LED indicator on AC Adapter with/without plugging into the Notebook.
2. If LED on the AC Adapter goes off only after connecting to notebook, the issue is with the motherboard.
3. If the AC Adapter LED is ON, then remove external peripherals, battery, AC Adapter and press and hold the power button for 10-15 seconds to drain Flea power.
4. Plug in the AC Adapter and battery and check if the computer powers on.
Please reply with results.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My adaptor does not have any indicator lights. I have already done the hold for 10 seconds and all I get is a 3 light LED at power button on computer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
are we still working on this?
Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to assist you today. Sounds like the power adapter is bad. It won't start because the battery doesn't have enough charge to start it. Either the battery is bad or the power adapter is bad. Since that power adapter has a usb type connector you will not be able to test for voltage using a voltmeter so if you're comfortable taking the cover off to unplug the battery from the motherboard, do that and try to power it up using only the power adapter (with the battery unplugged from the motherboard). If it comes on then the battery is the problem. If not, the it's the charger. If you're not comfortable doing this then you will need to take it to a repair shop.

Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

I really suspect it's the power adapter. You can get them on Ebay for around $30.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, I will check this out and thanks
Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

But since you've only had it less than a year, then it's still under warranty and this is a warranty issue. You can call them and have them to repair it.

Expert:  MikeW replied 1 month ago.

Lenovo support number 1-***-***-****