Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

I am trying to activate Office, I evidently had an old

Customer Question

I am trying to activate Office, I evidently had an old Microsoft account that I didn't know I had and now I have my account so messed up I can't do anything. I have tried to set up a new account and that didn't work. I think I need someone to delete any account/accounts I have/had so I can start over. I think the biggest problem is Microsoft has an old e mail address I haven't had for years.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: New computer, Windows 10, HP Pavilion All-In-One 24-bii4
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I haven't but Best Buy may have when they set it up for me last Friday
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, I just need help in getting rid of any Microsoft accounts so I can start over. I am hoping someone can delete any accounts I have, at this point I am so frustrated, and it is not Microsoft's problem but mine. HELP!! Microsoft has sent me several codes today, some I received and some I didn't because of the old e mail address. When I try to use my current e mail address they tell me there is already an account with that e mail address, probably mine.
Submitted: 26 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 26 days ago.

My name is***** and I look forward to assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having these troubles with your Microsoft account. Being that you are told you already have an account with your current email address, you simply need to reset the password ***** that account. I have typed the instructions for resetting your password *****

Please, follow the instructions below to reset your password:

- Click the following link: http://account.live.com/password/reset
- Fill out all of the requested information
- Once all of that is complete, you will be given the option to reset your password.

You will be able to reset your password *****

One quick note: I love helping you and others on this website. Please, keep in mind that I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, Jason Jones, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For Jason Jones Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com