Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing, IT Pro
Experience:  I am a technology professional with 18 years experience, and hold 15 industry certifications (from hardware/software repair to mobility to IT Security, and everything in-between!).
93256567

I can't seem to load turbo tax 16 after formatting an empty

Customer Question

I can't seem to load turbo tax 16 after formatting an empty disk. The screen says the program is preparing to load, but the meter sits at zero and does not progress. Suggestions?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: A Dell Inspiron One 2330
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nno...just don;t know what to try next
Category: Computer
Expert:  Eric Ewing replied 5 months ago.

Hi! I'm Eric, a computer expert who's been paired with you through JustAnswer.com. I'm reviewing your question now, and will return w/ an answer soon!

Hello there! Is your newly-formatted disk using the "C:" designation or another drive letter? If the latter, I've seen that cause problems with some installers (though not TurboTax specifically); you can usually work around that by copying the files on your installation CD to a folder on your computer desktop, and then running the installer from there.

Fingers are crossed here that the fix is that simple, but -- if not -- let me know and we'll keep working to get this installed for you!