Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

When I try to turn off my toshiba laptop all that happens

Customer Question

When I try to turn off my toshiba laptop all that happens after I force it off is I get the desk top background picture and no Icons
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right Computer Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: The laptop is a Satellite Pro C50-50-
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Toshiba? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Running Win 7 and it is C50-A
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Just firefox and yesterday I installed a program to hrlp with my iPhone. I found I t on CNET it didn't work as I expected so I Uninstalle it.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I will try to find the name of the program . Give me a couple of minutes Jihosoft
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 5 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can directly analyze and resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? This is a very safe option too, because JustAnswer is a A+ accredited business with the BBB, you will be watching your screen and we will chat there as well, so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.
Should you not be interested in this option and would like to solve the problem via this text based chat instead, just let me know please.

Please reply at the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I cannot access my computer. I am on a Samsung tablet..also your website kept refusing my email address which is quite valid
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I don't see how you can access my computer when it doesn't respond to anything
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** I misunderstood your issue then, I thought that "each time" you try to shut it down, it hangs. But you are saying that it does not even boot into Windows right now, is that correct?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All I get is the desktop background picture. It appears to turn of, the screen goes black but when I t turn it back on I just get the picture.

Can you please press the power button for 5 seconds right now? That should turn it off completely. Then press it again and see if it boots up normally again. Please let me know.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do you mean by hangs

Hangs = locks up, does not respond. Please try my advise with the power button as described above and let me know what it does then please.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Having problems with this tablet also . Computer turned off and when I turned it back on I got the screen which tells me to press enter which I did. The toshiba logo then came up but now after these few minutes the screen is still black.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I turned it back off then on got the windows logo and now once again it black

Thank you for your feedback, I admit that, without being able to see your computer, I am out of ideas at the moment then too. I will forward you to the other experts here, which hopefully can continue to help you instead. You will see a new reply once that happens.

Thank you very much for your patience and merry Christmas,

Lorenz

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Martin replied 5 months ago.

Hello, how are you?

On the blank screen, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc (All three keys together) and you should get a task manager window up.

Let me know if you see that.