Cris
Cris, Support Specialist
Experience:  10 years of IT experience in both business and residential.
10156100

Windows 10: I was attempting to back up a folder from One

Customer Question

Windows 10: I was attempting to back up a folder from One Drive to This PC by drag and drop. It started moving instead of copying. I interrupted it and that caused some of the contents of the folder to be lost. Then I found the complete folder in the recycle. I clicked on restore and it disappeared completely. I don't know what happened to it. Is there any hope of recovering the complete folder?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? What version of Windows are you running?
Customer: HO Pavilion, Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only what MS does automatically and I don't try to keep track of those.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else would be useful.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Cris replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris and will be glad to assist you. The files maybe still recoverable by going through the website.

1. Go to the OneDrive site (https://onedrive.live.com/about/en-us/)

2. On the left pane, tap or click Recycle bin.

3. To restore all items, tap or click Restore all items. To permanently delete all items, tap or click Empty recycle bin. To restore or permanently delete individual items, pick them by selecting their check boxes.

Expert:  Cris replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any further questions. Also please take the time to rate my service and submit at the top.