Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a thinkpad, the F: reserved part of the hard disk

Customer Question

I have a thinkpad, the F: reserved part of the hard disk appears to have only a minimum of files. As I would like to restore to defaults it seems that I am unable to do this without the right files
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your ThinkPad?
Customer: where would I find that?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I dont do windows updates as they do not work and only make the comp lock up with a fail message
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: only that I have some persistent Chinese programs (installed by previious owner)
Category: Computer
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 6 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a computer expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

This sounds like some malware / adware infections are on the machine. Also, Windows updates should just work fine - have had no issues with any of my clients the last days / weeks. Which Windows version is installed right now?

Please reply at the box below (there are no additional costs associated with this, you can reply as often as you wish).

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Are you still there? I am waiting on you here to help you, please let me know how we should continue. Thank you very much.