Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I'm sorry I didn't realize I had to pay for this tech

Customer Question

I'm sorry I didn't realize I had to pay for this tech support. I will have no problem paying but only if your response works, I don't have to pay at all in advance correct?
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: But to be clear, I'm only paying if my computer is completely fixed after thsi correct?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: And you work directly for Lenovo right?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Lenovo? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: This is a Lenovo Yoga and I have Windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No only the OnGuard Agent
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 5 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

How may I be of assistance today?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well as a quick update, my mouse has suddenly disappeared and it's not an issue on the mouse on/off button but I have a touch screen so that's not my main issue. My computer has had a blue screen problem for a while now. Two weeks ago it began blue screening whenever I opened netflix and then whenever I tried to use the internet. Within an hour it would blue screen after being on my computer for just a minute. I gave it to GeekSquad at Best Buy and they did stress tests and diagnostics and reset a few things, and said it was all okay. I brought it back to school and it started blue screening immediately. I reset the whole computer and brought it home and it was then fine for the entire week, no issues at all. I've been at school for a day now and have re-installed the mandatory OnGuard protection agent my school offers, this is the only thing that has changed. I had OnGuard last year as well and it never caused problems. Not whenever I try to open netflix it again blue screens, and it's blue screened once from regular internet use.

Hello Sir or Ma'am,

Thank you for the update. When it blue screens, it will display the error code that caused the blue screen to occur. May I ask what that error code is? If you didn't take note of it earlier, please, so do the next time it blue screens and update me on this page.

- Jason

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No specific code but it does have a note at the bottom that says something like Page Fault where No Page is Found or something, hold on i have an old picture of another blue screen I'll look at
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
But do you have any quick help for my mouse issue?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
oh it says Page Fault in Non Page Area

Is the mouse a wireless mouse? If so, when is the last time you changed the batteries in the mouse?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no it's my mouse pad

Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other. Once I remote in, I will fix the issue with both the mouse pad and the blue screen issue.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you I'd rather do this on my own, I also don't want to agree to pay the extra money in case I have to buy a new laptop in the end anway, but I appreciate the offer.

I understand. This just makes it a bit more difficult for me to analyze your system. What have you done so far, in terms of analysis?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I've checked for any recently added updates, and there haven't been any. Other than that I haven't done anything since it's completely reset. If you know the usual diagnostics the Geek Squad runs, then those were done.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Oh you should let someone know that the Secure Remote Assistance offer ad on this chat is spelled incorrectly, it spells Asstance.

I typed that myself a few minutes ago. I will correct that. Thank you.

What is the full model of your Lenovo Yoga device?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No worries! and it's a Lenovo Yoga 3 14, the S/N is PF0B9KNQ

Being that it crashes while watching Netflix, it may be an issue with the video drivers.

Please, download both of the following linked software updates and install them:

Update File: http://tinyurl.com/zo96fdz

Update File: http://tinyurl.com/zjhfkwe

After you install both updates, restart the computer once, test the viewing of Netflix, and update me with your status.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I just had to bring this up on my phone because my computer blue screened after opening a new tab in chrome

Okay. Please, follow the instructions that I gave above. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What do these updates do first?

They update your video drivers.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you

You are welcome. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It blue screens whenever the link begins to download

Which browser are you using? Can you use a different browser?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'll try

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm in Microsoft Edge now and am about to try it, my mouse works again too by the way.

Thank you for the update.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Blue screen again

Okay. Can you download the the files on another computer and then transfer them to the problem computer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Would I do that just using a USB drive?

Yes

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay I'll be back in about 5 to 10 minutes then thank you

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
okay I've copied them to my desktop and I'm going to try downloading them now

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm trying to download the first one, the 101, and I've gotten an alert saying my computer already has driver versions newer than this one, should I still install it?

Yes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Should I automatically run the WinSAt program as well?

Yes.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
okay I have to close all programs to do this now

Okay. Please, do so.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The 101 successfully installed but the 301 can't. It said it could not find compatible graphics hardware

That is okay. Please, restart the computer once more and test it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Restart the computer and test the successful program or restart and try installing the 301 again?

- Restart the computer.

- Test to see if the problem still exists.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Alrighty thanks

Thank you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It failed again

I wish that I could remote into your system and further analyze this problem, but you are against that. I respect your choice.

I have run out of ideas.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I appreciate the help you've given, however will I be charged for this? And can I opt out of this service? I'm going to go somewhere in person for help