arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MCSE, RHCE, IBM System X Server Certified
50085326

COMPUTER 2 PART QUESTION. If I share my computer with

Customer Question

COMPUTER 2 PART QUESTION.
If I share my computer with someone and create a different user account for them, if they sign into Chrome, will they get all my bookmarks and saved passwords?
Also, we do share a folder, but I want to prevent other people from opening it. Is there a way to lock a given folder with a password? Thank you!
Category: Computer
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 4 months ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Q1 Answer:

No all your bookmarks and password ***** ***** on your profile folder. It won't be migrated or not viewable to other users on a computer..

The other users must have standard user privilege otherwise they can dig into your account and steal the passwords and bookmarks

Q2Answer: You can apply folder permission for this. So that the folder will be open only to those users you granted permission..

Let me know if you have further query

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you Fiyaz:
1. I don't understand. You first say they cannot view my secret password, but they you say they can unless they have STANDARD user privilege. Isn't all user privilege standard?
2. Is there a way to put a password ***** the folder?I appreciate your help!

1:

Yes, all users have standard account privilege by default. What iam pointing is if someone is having admin privilege

he can dig into your profile folder and steal the password. So if there is no admin other than you then its ok as one one can open your profile folder

2:

Windows doesn't have that feature rather having security policy. You can decide whether a user should have access to specific folder by applying read/write/deny permission to specific folder for that user..

If you don't like windows feature, Yes, There are third party softwares which does this job. Applying password ***** folder. Should i search the software for you

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for clarifying!
Yes, can you please find an effective 3rd party folder protection?

Here's the software that helps you to lock folder using password

http://tinyurl.com/hfzg4kd

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
HI, that link couldn't open. Message said:
Access to dl1.filehippo.com was deniedYou don't have authorization to view this page.
HTTP ERROR 403

Please try this link. You may click the download button and install software

http://filehippo.com/download_folder_lock/

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
thanks. I haven't downloaded it yet. Their website says it will encrypt and hide files. Is there any way to simply have a password, without encryption or hiding? Thanks
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 3 months ago.

Sorry for delay. Here's the software..

http://tinyurl.com/hwn8kmd

Procedure:

1: Download and install software

2: Open software "Folder Guard"

3: Drag file into the software and follow the wizard

4: Set new password

5: Click Apply button

Now try to open the protected folder, You can see a unlock button, Clicking would prompt password

Once you enter correct password, the folder is open

Now when you close the folder it will again get locked..

If you want to know the software function throughly, find user guide on pressing Help button on software

Note: This software is not a freeware hence you will have to purchase if you like it. Its free for 30days

Thank you

Please don't forget to rate my service if you are satisfied. You may click above stars for rating

Thank You

Fiyaz