Richard, Computer Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years of consulting to the IT industry
32989067

I have a brand new Acer Aspire ES 15. I was setting the

Customer Question

I have a brand new Acer Aspire ES 15.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Aspire? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: I was setting the computer up but had to wait 24 hours and had not finished the set up. I did not turn the computer off. I left it powered up . I had set up an administrator but when I try to log in it is telling me that the password ***** ***** the aspire is an ES 15 and the operating system is windows. I assume windows 10 as it is brand new
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No I had not got to the end of the initial set up and had to leave it for 24 hours. I did not disconnect or turn off the power to the laptop
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No This appears as though the computer didn't like being left. I had got to the point where I was going to set up the Acer account they asked for and had to wait on a password ***** that. Now the password ***** the admin account is not being accepted and I can't proceed.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Richard replied 7 days ago.

Hi there and welcome

You are best to do the setup again, so return it to a as new condition.

To do this, on the sign in screen, where you enter the password, you see a power icon (a circle with a line through it)

Hold the left SHIFT key on the keyboard, and click the power icon and click restart.

Keep shift held, until it has restarted and you are at a menu then release.

Click on Troubleshoot, then Reset My PC

Choose to delete all your files.

Let this complete and when it has, the Acer is brand new again and you can do the setup all over

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you