Satchi
Satchi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  4+ yrs of Hardware & Software Troubleshoot exp
18133961

It died several years ago but I have pictures on the hard

Customer Question

It died several years ago but I have pictures on the hard drive and I would like to get them retrieved. What does that cost? I was told that it can only be done at Gateway.
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Computer Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason. What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: It was a Gateway G5-200 System with MMX. 32mb sdram dimm memory module, P55C-200 Pentium , 4.0gb IDE hard drive. My son pulled the hard drive out of it. The rest is gone. I only have the hard drive left.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: It isn't working at all. It just quit one day a couple years ago. Now I have a MAC laptop, but I would like to get the pictures off the old ones hard drive.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just the pics. But I don't want to pay a couple hundred dollars to get them.
JA: The Computer Technician's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: All I have is the hard drive. It was a Gateway Computer and I have been told I was told that Gateway is the only ones who can retrieve data from them. If they are tampered with then they won't do it at all. I haven't messed with it because of that.
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Satchi replied 13 days ago.

Hi ,

Welcome to Justanswer.com

You need to purchase the IDE hard disk enclosuer from below link .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-3-5-USB-2-0-IDE-Aluminum-HDD-Hard-Drive-Enclosure-External-Case-High-Speed-/351907593161?hash=item51ef53bbc9:g:SCwAAOSw5cNYLUnI

Then insert the IDE hard disk inside that and connect it to any USB port to access the data .

Thanks

Satchi