Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I cannot seem to export pdf file attachments from my emails.

Customer Question

JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: I'm using microsoft live mail
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: not for adobe reader.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't think so. I do have gmail but I don't use it much as I am more comfortable with live mail.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 8 days ago.

Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.

Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.

May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

I sent request for remote service. Please accept it then follow steps here to connect with me.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
excuse me. this seems to be a little like bait & switch. I just want to get an answer to my question about my pdf export issue. I am happy to pay the $5.00 which I have already given card info. now I'm asked to pay ad additional $39. Can you guys help me or not w/o increasing the cost?

When you double click the PDF attachment what does it do?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It doesn't do anything. I've gotten a message next to the pdf telling me there is no disk in the drive and requesting to insert a disk in the drive. then: device/hard disk/DR1. I"ve never had this request before to print out the pdf.

When you open one of the saved PDF files from your documents does it then opens up?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've never "saved" the pdf. I usually click to print at top of pdf page (print icon) or scroll down from file and print from there. usually I keep hard copy..

Can you try the pdf from this link:

http://www.pdf995.com/samples/pdf.pdf

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I apologize. when you asked me to go to the pdf995.com I got another company. when I wanted to return to the chat I couldn't. I ended up having to close everything. then my wife called me to dinner and I've just gotten through. It appears that the adobe reader is not responding for some reason.

I think it would be best if i connect remotely to fix this for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I know it has been awhile since we last communicated so if the chat has ended that's fine.
Thanks, ***** ***** I will get a hold of my tech guy tomorrow and discuss the issue with him. I've used them for quite awhile and they have remote access to my computer. I just thought that because it was an adobe problem I would contact Adobe support, but it appears that they just outsource the solution to someone else. Thanks Kamil for your assistance and time. I'll see what my tech consultant can do or find when I contact them tomorrow.
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 7 days ago.

You're Welcome.