Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer support. Microsoft MCP & CompTIA A+ certifications. Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP etc.
30037186

I 488-411got a schreaching nose a a coded message to call

Customer Question

I 488-411got a schreaching nose a a coded message to call Microsoft tect support at(###) ###-#### I first talked to a clark & than he handed me off to dennis Ray
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: Hewitt packer notebook with windows 10. I just got it yesterday
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: both clark & dennis Ray had india sounding accents & I was wondering if it is a scam
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: the comp. still has the schreaching noise, I turned off the volumn tho.
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 11 days ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. That is certainly a scam. Please do not follow any instruction from them. Have you tried to shut down / restart the computer and check yet?

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, press and hold the Power on / off button on your computer for about 10 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- In the future, please always ignore any phone call or email message or popup message that you do not know or that you are not expecting.

- Is this issue still occurring after restarting the computer?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,