ChrisC
ChrisC, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a computer technician.
56108293

Will a Pavillion 23 Touch Screen pc run on Windows 7?

Customer Question

Category: Computer
Expert:  ChrisC replied 6 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be happy to help you today!

Technically a Pavilion 23 is able to run the Windows 7 operating system, but HP does not provide Windows 7 drivers for that machine so it's possible that some of your hardware would not work correctly. So for that reason, I would not advise actually installing Windows 7 on one of those computers. Drivers are essential for proper operation.

If you have any other questions on this, just let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.

NOTE: If you have no further questions, please use the rating box at the top of the screen to rate the answer at least 3 STARS/OK SERVICE or better to close our session out.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What hardware would be missing? Windows 10 sucks and essential software will not run on it. What is the latest model that will work with Windows 7 ?
Expert:  ChrisC replied 6 months ago.

It's impossible to know exactly what hardware might not work correctly. Since HP does not supply any Windows 7 drivers for the machine, Windows 7 itself would try to locate a driver that would work. Barring that, the hardware would simply not function correctly. It could be the video, the sound, the network card, etc.

Regarding the latest model, if you run a Google search on "HP Windows 7" then you will find several HP computers that you can purchase that are already running Windows 7.

Expert:  ChrisC replied 6 months ago.

The problem with getting a top of the line current model with Windows 7 drivers is that Win 7 is now two generations behind the current OS. Companies are slowly starting to move away from it in terms of support.

Let me know what other questions you have.