Shefin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as tech support specialist with a worldwide computer manufacturer.
15907069

We have a desktop computer that when pressing the power

Customer Question

we have a desktop computer that when pressing the power button, it powers up and powers off within 3 seconds.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: windows 7 thinkcenter ID S/N 2209xf2 MJHEZCR
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Shefin replied 10 days ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try the following and let me know the response.

Remove all external devices, CDs, all cables including power, monitor, keyboard and mouse from the CPU. Then press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. After doing the same, reinsert power, monitor and keyboard cables, and turn on the computer.

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

S H E F I N