Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I recently placed an order Transaction ID2RD79342W7485540M

Customer Question

I recently placed an order Transaction ID2RD79342W7485540M to upgrade my AVG Free account. As an agent looks after my online activities the caller by remote control in order to activate required the agents ID etc. of which I was hesitate to give out by my agent not to give out to anymore & thus though he amount through PayPal has already gone through I was not able to complete my order. I tried to contact my agent but he is not answering. So I now wish to cancel this upgrade & get my money return into my BOQ account. Can you please help & advise.Thank you Dale Chisholm
JA: Have you contacted anyone about your account?
Customer: I tried to get to AVG Technologies with no satisfactory answer & to PayPal to cancel the order but their answer was that they cannot cacel but to get back to AVG
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Tried to this morning about 1 hour ago to upgrade from my AVG Free account.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No .
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That sounds most unfortunate.

Has your AVG been upgraded?

(And, in case it needs be said: did you know that AVG is in Europe, and thus when you call them there is a time difference?)

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No my AVG was not upgraded. Forgot about thetime difference
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Are you receiving me
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

I'm still here...

Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

Did you order the AVG Upgrade through AVG?

or was it just a popup that offered you an upgrade, and that you followed through with?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No Already I am forking out too money. I am a pensioner & already you have charge 56 dollars for what?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

I did not charge you anything myself. I'm an Expert and try to advise people through problems.

I have no power over charges, billing, no access to your credit information. For all such concerns I must refer you to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com. They may be reached at

***@******.***

or through Chat or Phone by way of this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I guess a pop up but to AVG
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

Then AVG is the one to contact again. And given that you are Australian, and they are in Europe, to get in touch with them during their business hours, more or less, try calling them around 7 pm to 8:30 pm your time (Australian time), when their time will be roughly 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. in the morning.

Or use this calculator to figure out what time it is there:

http://www.timebie.com/timezone/centraleuropeansydney.php

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am confused. What do want to do now
Expert:  Russell H. replied 9 days ago.

There's not much to be done now, I don't think - though I'm not quite sure what time it is there, I feel fairly sure it isn't 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. your time zone.

And also, AVG may not be able to do anything on Sunday (their time zone), remember.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Time here is 2:02pm. Thanks for the info. How do I get back my refund?
Expert:  Russell H. replied 8 days ago.

***@******.***

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Thank you for asking your question here at JustAnswer.com.

In case you meant, how do you get back your refund from AVG - I am not sure how to further advise you, so I have Opted Out, opening this case to other Experts and giving you a chance at their advice.