Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I called [email protected] a month ago to change my e-mail and password,

Customer Question

I called [email protected] a month ago to change my e-mail and password, they say all is set on their end, however I keep getting popups that there is a problem, I can't seem to find the connection to enter my new password, yahoo says it isn't needed I am 86 years old and do not understand all I need to do
JA: Have you tested the connections by doing a ping utility test?
Customer: No, I don't know what that is sorry
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only the new e-mail, but there is a scan that let itself in without me paying for it and I do not let it run if I can stop it I believe safeguard is the name
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: Great
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not that I can think of I just want to get my e-mail without so much hassel Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Try this: log out, or use the Sign Out option at the upper right, that appears when you click on your first name, next to the 'gear' icon, at the upper right on the Yahoo! Mail page.

Then restart your computer. (If this problem is happening on a computer - if on a phone, or a tablet, restart the phone or tablet.)

Then sign in with the new email and password.

Let me know how that goes, please.