Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I believe I have the same issue a past customer of yours. I

Customer Question

James I believe I have the same issue a past customer of yours. I have an all in one Gateway that is giving me a grey screen only when starting it. I tapped F8 on startup selected safe mode- computer downloaded muiltiple window files returned to the launch recovery screen (black scrren with numeric countdown to restart) now back on grey screen.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Computer
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(Secure Remote Assistance is not appropriate for a computer that is not booting up properly, but if you want a phone call instead, by all means request one. Thanks.)

Please tell me - before going to the gray screen - what shows on the computer's screen before it turns gray ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wait!! Startup repair is now on my screen running something. It's searching for problems. I may not need u after all. Please stand by ok

That's OK. Return to this case after awhile if you like, to let me know how it went - or, to tell me how it didn't work out and ask for advice.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok if it does work- am I eligible for a refund since I really didn't ask a technical computer question and received assitance for it.

If you don't receive assistance, I will pass your request for a refund on to Customer Support and they will take care of it.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Russell H how many mire hours do u have for your shift because my computer is still in startup repair and it's getting late here
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
More hours not mire

I'm about done here... but, I will be working and online on Sunday.

I am in Eastern USA Time.

When you wish to resume this case at any time, just go to

http://www.justanswer.com/computer/a1lvz-believe-issue-past-customer-yours.html

Thanks. Good evening.