Russell H., Computer Systems Expert
Experience:  13+ years experience
13568747

I'm try to load my new Harmony elite remote and the

Customer Question

i'm try to load my new Harmony elite remote and the instructions said to load MYharmony desktop software it did that and I know have a PDF converter program but nothing on how to set up remote?
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: Thinkpad with windows 10
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: drivers
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: not that I know of
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I have instructions that will help with this problem with the Harmony remote. But first, please tell me:

Is the remote new? you have indicated that, OK, but how new is it, in the sense: has it ever worked before? or is this its initial installation that hasn't gotten working yet?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
initial set up
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

OK.

You need to not so much 'load MyHarmony software - somehow that was a wrong instruction - but rather, go to the website

www.myharmony.com

and register there to create an account - if you already have not gotten such an account registered with www.myharmony.com - and then follow instructions to 'register' it for configuration (- It's a loose term, it's done by connecting your remote to the computer once you are logged in to www.MyHarmony.com, and configuring it for each device you want it to control)....

Is that now fairly clear? you don't load software, you do go to a website... I hope that straightens out the problem. For more information, any specifics, etc., to get you through the process OK, let me know and I will continue to advise and help with the process.