Andy, Computer Consultant
Experience:  11yr exp, Comp Engg, Internet expert, Web developer, SEO
16465236

I have a mother board with N13219 an below that B33005. It

Customer Question

I have a mother board with N13219 an below that B33005. It currently has 4 meg of ram and I tried to upgrade to 16 meg. The computer will not boot. I was trying to find the max ram I can load.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Systemax, but I do not know the model number. Can't find the sticker on the machine. I am running Windows7 pro 64 bit.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Only Windows updates.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No, just how much ram can I upgrade.
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 days ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

There is a limit not just on 'how much' of the type of RAM memory that can obviously fit into the slots on the board.... but also, of what speed and type the memory is.

I will look up specs on that mother board (if I can identify it from the data you have given), but also please tell me what type, and speed, of memory you tried to fit 16 GB of, into this mother board. And I will advise you as to how to proceed and more or less what is going on.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The memory chips did fit the mother board slot. I think it is 240 pin.
I attempted DDR3 2X8GB PNY Anarchy chips. It is dual channel type. The speed is 1866MHz (PC3-14900). It stated it was compatible with 1866MHz, 1600MHz, 1333MHz. OS is Windows 10 and older.
Is there another number on the mother board you need?

Any other numbers or names on the mother board might help, please provide them, but only the really prominent ones.

(I am guessing this is a 'clone' or 'no-name' or self-assembled PC we are working with, correct? as opposed to a Dell, HP, Compaq, Gateway, etc.)

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is Systemax system.

OK... I will now look up specs on that board, see what is indicated about the memory you tried and failed with, etc.

Expect this to take from 10 minutes to (probably) an hour or even overnight, doubtfully - unless you definitely need the advice sooner.