Jason Jones, Computer Expert
Experience:  Over 10 years of professional experience.
30759776

Purchased an ASUS M5A97Plus mobo, AMD FX4350 CPU,

Customer Question

purchased an ASUS M5A97Plus mobo, AMD FX4350 CPU, Logysis550Watt PSU, 1 2gb stick of corsair XMS3 1066 ram and an incompatible Nvidia GEForce GT710 GPU because Best Buy said it would work. No video and can't find a cheap GPU (under $100) Not a gamer, just a desktop workstatiion PC.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your Asus? And what operating system are you running?
Customer: M5A97PLUS, AM3+ black edition. Intending to install Windows 7 32bit.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I can't finish building it because the graphics card is incompatible. No video signal. I Can't find a cheap GPU and the mobo has no integral graphics.
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, thank you.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Computer
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 7 days ago.

Here is a listing of video cards that will function with your mainboard: http://pcpartpicker.com/products/video-card/?compatible_with=asus-motherboard-m5a97r20#sort=a8&page=1

One quick note: I love helping you and others on this website. Please, keep in mind that I only get credit for my time, if you rate my help with 3 Stars or more. I would prefer a 5 star rating, if you are satisfied. If you are not happy with my answer, please let me know so we can continue.

I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)

Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.

Thank you again,
- Jason

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at ohe following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with "For ***** ***** Only!"

My Profile page:

http://JasonFixedit.com